Product Details

The Philippines: Past and Present (Volume 1 of 2)
By Dean C. Worcester

Digital media products such as Amazon MP3s, Amazon Instant Videos, and Kindle content can only be purchased on Amazon.com.

Average customer review:
(2 customer reviews)
Product Description

This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web. Purchase of the Kindle edition includes wireless delivery.

Product Details

• Published on: 2012-05-17
  • Released on: 2012-05-17
  • Format: Kindle eBook

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
PUBLISHED IN 1914
By Andrew Berman
The first thing you need to know is that this book was published in 1914. I didn't realize this. I thought I was getting recent information. This book covers the history of the Philippines from the end of Spanish occupation through the beginning of US occupation. The author is an American who served on the first two commissions that the US set up to govern the Philippines. Rather than trying to explain here why this book is politically controversial, I suggest googling the author, Dean C. Worcester. This book is historically important, but the narrative is dry and difficult reading.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Good to read history of a nation that had its ...
By A Forest Fan
Good to read history of a nation that had its own history subjugated and written over. When you forget your past it's hard to see your future. I hope the Filipinos find theirs.

See all 2 customer reviews...

الاســـم:	51DS1TzknjL.jpg
المشاهدات: 0
الحجـــم:	34.8 كيلوبايت